Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Plateau That Ate My Motivation.....

HIDE THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN! BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES!! IT'S COMING!!!!
IT'S NOT GODZILLA!
IT'S MUCH, MUCH WORSE.....IT'S
THE PLATEAU THAT ATE MY MOTIVATION

Okay, seriously. I'm soooo over this.

Let me preface with this:

1. I know this happens to everybody and every body.

2. I know my body is still changing and getting healthier.

3. I know I'm stronger and could do things I couldn't do before.

4. I KNOW I'm not supposed to care what the scale says.


BUT....
and there is a big BUT (not to be confused with a big BUTT)

I'm still technically obese so the scale does freakin' matter. I still haven't hit the half-way mark of my weight loss, so it does freakin' matter. It makes me, an otherwise peppy, sassy, happy lady, GRUMPY. Therefore, my friend....IT.REALLY.FREAKIN'.MATTERS!!!

I know a plateau is a natural part of this journey, but that doesn't make it any less annoying. I have been within the same ten pounds for the last two months. It goes down, it goes up a little, it goes down a lot, it goes up a little.

So, I'm gonna try a few things to shake it up. I'm going to start some serious strength training, maybe rearrange my diet a bit, etc.

I'm going to keep my positive attitude. I'm going to keep running. I'm going to keep believing that I will reach a "maintaining" point in my journey. (I'm smart enough to know this journey I'm on is called, "My Life" and it doesn't end until I do)

But, I'm still allowed to be annoyed. I'm still allowed to want to eat an entire pizza followed by an entire cake. I'm still allowed to feel like I want to quit.

What I'm not allowed to do is let being annoyed derail me. I'm not allowed to eat my feelings.

I'M NOT ALLOWED TO QUIT.

So although the Plateau is after me, I'll fight it. I'll fight it like Luke fights the Dark Side. Like Harry fights Voldemort. Like Ricky Bobby fights Jean Girard.

Suck It! Plateau-YOU WILL NOT DEFEAT ME!



Because (and this is for Angela "Boobies" Ilich) a year ago I looked like this...



and now I look like this.....


But the goal is to look like this....



So giving up is NOT an option....

XOXO
Stew

No comments:

Post a Comment