Thursday, August 25, 2011

WHAT IS SEXY?

What is Sexy?



What a question! How the hell do I know? I’ve spent the majority of the years where it’s acceptable to look sexy looking (and feeling) lumpy. Have there been sexy moments, of course, but have I ever REALLY LOOKED OR FELT SEXY?

NOPE!



I’m not sure I would have known what sexy looked like if it stared at me from the mirror…



Until recently…



Suddenly, I have these moments. It’s not a 24/7 thing, but there are these chunks of time where I KNOW, without a shadow of a doubt what sexy looks like…



It looks like cheekbones that are more pronounced and make my smile bigger and my eyes brighter.



It looks like less chins. There’s still at least two where one should be, but that’s less than the original four.



It looks like a chest. Whereas my breasts are failing me (falling down, down, down…nothing some store-bought , new SUPER boobs won’t fix…I see plastic surgery in my future), I have this new area below my chins and above my breasts that’s kind of lovely. My necklace no longer gets lost in the fat rolls in my neck…OH WAIT, I actually have a neck!



It looks like a waist. A what? OH, that! It’s a waist and I actually have one of those too.



It looks like a narrower booty! (I just hope it doesn’t go away, I like my A$$!)



It looks like legs that are strong and getting stronger and smaller….legs that I can actually cross at the knee instead of the ankle…which by the way are no longer cankles.



You know what’s even more awesome? I know what sexy FEELS like now too!



It feels like sweat running down my face when I’m pounding the pavement.



It feels like freedom when you finally hit the downhill on the tough cross country course.



If feels like tight hamstrings and sore core muscles after a spin class.



It feels like not wanting to take off your workout clothes after a tough run as if to scream to the world, “I just ran 6 miles! What have you done today?”



It feels like inspiration, motivation, determination and strength.



As I reminisce about times when I felt low or frumpy or lumpy I can’t help but have bit of regret over the years I wasted feeling that way, when all it would’ve taken was some physical exercise. The simple truth is this and it’s so freakin’ obvious: Until you see yourself as sexy, you won’t be sexy. Sexy isn’t just a look or a feeling, it’s an attitude.



It’s an attitude that I am happy to adopt.



So today when you’re working out or hanging out or even chillin’ out, take a minute, get in the zone and adopt the sexy. It may be the best thing you’ve ever done for yourself.



It’s one of the best gifts I’ve given to my own SEXY self!







THAT IS ONE SWEATY, SEXY BEEYOTCH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment