Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Things That Are Different Now That I've Lost a Toddler

Friday, January 28, 2011

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME PERSONALLY OR DO NOT HAVE A SICK SENSE OF HUMOR, YOU MAY NOT THINK THIS IS FUNNY. YOU MAY THINK IT'S TMI, BUT THEN AGAIN, MY FRIENDS MAY THINK IT'S TMI TOO!

Last week my friend Staci and I were at a meeting (with a bunch of other peeps who may read this, I didn't forget about you, she's just key to the story!) and she was talking to another friend, Shauna who had her 3.5 year old son with her.
Staci said, "He's getting so big!"
Shauna said, "I know, he weighs 40 lbs"
Staci said, "Come here, we have to show Heather!"
She proceeded to bring Shauna and Braedon over to me to show me that I've lost the equivelant to him.
I was in shock. It's hard when you think of it this way. Another friend told me I'd lost a 1/3 of her, we're no longer friends. (kidding! we weren't that close anyhow)

Anyway, I've been making an internal list of things that are different now that I've lost the equivelent of a toddler...and I'm publishing it here for you TODAY! (I'm sure you're all thrilled!)

1. I no longer have to ask for a seatbelt extension on airplanes.
2. I no longer dread going upstairs. I don't get out of breath, unless I run...which I do sometimes.
3. When I get a massage my arms fit on that skinny-ass massage table, I don' t have to tuck my hands under my legs so I don't have to "hold them up" on the table (not relaxing AT ALL)
4. I run, no seriously, I run A LOT-because I want to, not because someone is chasing me. (sometimes I even run alone and on lunch breaks, WHO AM I?)
5. My clothes do not fit properly-this has some bad points, like how I look like I'm wearing a bag a lot of the time, but also feels SUPER good.
6. I'm obsessed with apps that track distance
7. When I get my va-jay-jay waxed and Ana (yes, we're on a first name basis-she sees my lady bits!) asks me to hold my leg, I CAN DO IT! Before it was difficult and I couldn't reach, but this last time I almost kicked myself in the face!

So there you go, a list of non-scale victories to go with a serious scale victory!

6.3 more lbs and I'm eating a cheeseburger and getting a new dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment